One of the factors common to almost all websites is that they aren’t designed for search engines. It refers even to websites which are owned and operated by online companies. This is particularly problematic, creating issues that can greatly impact an online site ‘s profitability.
Most companies that perform their own search engine optimization strategies believe that building links is a process that mainly drives rankings on the site. While this is partially true, it is necessary to audit other factors in order to ensure that every website is fully optimised. This is so many businesses are using the tools for SEO audit.How to pick an SEO Audit tool has some nice tips on this.
The successful SEO audit program will crawl over the website of the organization and take apart each page in an attempt to identify a range of problems. Those problems may include:
- Obvious errors-The report includes server and application issues like 404 site error pages
- External Links-The audit software can identify any external leak problem where the company’s website links to other websites or pages
- Redirects-Any temporary or permanent change can be easily found (301, 302)
- URL Problems-Any URL problem, including upper case characters, dynamic URLs, underscores and extensively long URLs can be found in the software program
- Page Title Tags-If any page tags are duplicated, incomplete, short or long, the program will recognise them easily
- Duplicate Pages-Quick recognition of all duplicate material
- Meta Keyword Tag-Any keyword tag duplicated, incomplete, short or long is found easily
- Meta Description Tags-Duplicated, short, long or absent information tags can be easily found by the program
- Headings-Locate and identify any incomplete, duplicated or corrupted headings like H1 , H2 and H3
- Rel Canonical-The app will find this very issue where the website points search engines to link to another URL
- Meta Robots-There may be errors in what details the database does or may not require indexing. Furthermore, the program will verify if indexing is correctly used
- File Size-The SEO audit program tests every file size and makes a notation. This is significant, because smaller files appear to load more quickly
- External Links — The system should ensure that all internal links are guided to the appropriate website location
- Page Depth Rate-Lots of information can be skipped by search engines when the content is buried too deep in hierarchy. The program will determine the depth of the page and minimize the number of crawling search engines required to capture all content information
- Anchor Text-The program will ensure that all related text is properly anchored on both web pages and images
- Follow & No Follow-The audit software will determine exactly what routine links are followed on the web, or not
- Images-The audit software will evaluate the size of the images used on the web and the alt text links or any alt text that is corrupted or missing
With the proper audit software, the process involved in auditing search engine optimisation is quick and easy. In reality, to improve the company’s website, it can generate reports to draw the better targeted audience. They will save time by easily finding many of the search engine optimization problems at the website. To make necessary improvements it will provide easy recommendations.